November is a great month for so many reasons crisper weather, gatherings of friends and families, turkey, and stuffing but also because it is National Peanut Butter Lovers Month. And if you know me, then you know I’m definitely that! As a peanut butter lover, I’m always intrigued by new or creative recipes that incorporate the ooey-gooey ingredient. Here are a few I’d love to try (or have made for myself hint, hint 🙂
This one is found on the Peanut Butter Lovers as a 2012 contest winner. I love Chai almost as much as I love PB, so I know this one would be a hit with me.
Chai-Peanut Butter Apple Breakfast
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 chai flavored tea bags
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup granola
- Combine boiling water and tea; steep for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add peanut butter and honey. Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and flour. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apple slices; sprinkle with the sugar mixture. Cook apples for about 5 minutes per side or until browned, shaking and turning occasionally.
- To serve: divide sauce into individual bowls, top with apple slices and granola.
A frihttp:/peanutbutterlovers.com/2012/04/chai-peanut-butter-apple-breakfast/end enlightened me the other day when she mentioned that you can make a Butterfinger-esque treat when you melt candy corn, mix with peanut butter and cover in chocolate. World. Officially. Rocked. And what a delicious way to get rid of all of that leftover candy corn!
Also Read: Chickpea Tomato Salad Recipe
Image via Buns in my Oven
What a fun twist on the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
image via Jif
Chocolate Peanut Butter Macarons sound divine! I bet and hope we Tulsans can pick up a dozen at Antoinette Baking Co. some time.
image via The Baker Chick
And November 20th is National Peanut Butter Fudge Day, so why not use it as a great excuse to try out this Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch recipe?!
image via Blissfully Domestic